Using VPN and iPhone?

Got a problem with Viscosity or need help? Ask here!

musick7

Post by musick7 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:36 pm
I have DL your product but before I but the full version I need to know if this is even what I need to do this...

My goal is to, connect using Remote Tap App. on my iPhone and the software app. that comes with this Application on my iMac. I am able to connect at home using my Wifi on my network and it works great. But when I try to connect using 3G or any other network connection it wont let me. The website tells me I need to set up a VPN connection to do this, and I haven't set one up before... I started checking out different software on Apple and came across your product. I am pretty new to networking area and really dont know what to do or if I am on the right path for what I want to do? What I would like to do is use my iMac "intel 2.4Ghz running 10.5.6 with 2gig of ram and ATI 2600HD video card" as a server and connect to it using my iPhone though VPN using RemoteTap software... also if there is a problem with someone user account hope on and fix it if that is possable... I read that if your experienced you can use Terminal to set up a server but I dont know to much about that so I am here trying to use pre made software. Thank you for your time!

innocent bystander

Post by innocent bystander » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:17 pm
not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but if you want to set up a vpn-server on your mac, this isn't the right program for you. viscosity is for connecting to vpn-servers, not setting them up. try googling hamachiX (think this will do the trick) or just "set up vpn-server on mac" or something.
also, I didn't find any info on any "remote tap app", but if it is a some kind of remote control application for your mac, you need to set up a vnc-server, not a vpn-server.
2 posts Page 1 of 1