Installing Viscosity (Mac)
Before you can use Viscosity it must first be installed using the instructions below. You must have administration rights on your computer to be able to install Viscosity.
- Open the Viscosity.dmg file (usually located in your Downloads folder) by double-clicking it.
- Drag Viscosity to your Applications folder.
- Eject the Viscosity disk image.
- Launch Viscosity from your Applications folder.
- Enter your username and password so Viscosity can configure itself and install any necessary components.
Viscosity can be updated automatically from inside the application, or manually if a problem is encountered updating automatically.
- Open your current version of Viscosity.
- Go to the Viscosity menu and select Preferences
- Click the General icon
- Click the "Check for Updates" button
- When Viscosity finds a new version click the Install button.
- Download the latest version from the Downloads page.
- Quit any old copies of Viscosity that are running
- Open the Viscosity.dmg file in your Downloads folder
- Drag Viscosity to your Applications folder
- Eject the Viscosity disk image
- Launch Viscosity from your Applications folder